Monday, July 23, 2012

Update


Living in the north island of new Zealand. I spent the last few weeks in the hokianga with several families. With the land family, I helped build their new house, using clay, gravel, and straw. Being involved in the process of “cobbing” has inspired me to build a house out of natural materials of my own one day. Although there is much physical labor involved in the gathering and mixing of materials and construction, it provides the opportunity to develop and strengthen community. I also spent some time with John and Gail, fencing and gardening. James (a young man from England) and I went on a canoe adventure on the Waima river. I’ve been on several other day journeys (or few days). Such as meeting Anne, who gave me a copy of A Course in Miracles, which has been an insightful and inspiring book. Mainly, I have been spending time with Sarita and her son Dominic. Her and I share an excitement and passion for life that I have not found anywhere else in the world. The company of a child is a constant reminder to stay youthful and practice patience, as well. We dream of all the places we could travel and share the joy of realizing our freedom and privilege. I am open to wherever this journey leads me!

No comments:

Post a Comment