Sunday, September 2, 2012

Love


I'm doing well, spending a lot of time at the Vipassana center meditating and volunteering in the kitchen/ general maintenance. It is a challenge to stay present when I am constantly thinking about future plans (where/when I will travel, visas, people I miss, etc.) My grandparents come up a lot in my meditation and I send them peace even though I'm not physically around. The possibilities for the future are endless. Thoughts of sailing around the world, going to India, staying in NZ, Sarita, and returning to California all dance around in my head and tickle my imagination. However, we do not exist in the past or future, but only in the present moment. So with that in mind, I continue to observe my breath and remain equanimous with the ups and downs that are life.
With metta, Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment